Latest information for Spain tourists as UK quarantine rules are announced

Dive right in! Like the weather, the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is a scorcher

A number of holiday destination countries have recently opened their borders to British tourists.

The UK government has put together a list detailing which countries you can travel to Britain from without self-isolating.

The exempt countries detailed on the ' travel corridors list ' include Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Japan.

You also do not need to self-isolate if you are travelling within the Common Travel Area – the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.

However, if you arrive in England from Spain on or after July 26 then you will need to self-isolate for 14 days.

This is because it can take up to two weeks for coronavirus symptoms to show.

If you are not planning on staying in the UK for longer than 14 days you will be asked to self-isolate for the duration of your stay.

How do I self-isolate?

You must fill in a public health passenger locator form.

You can do this 48 hours before you arrive and present the details when you arrive in England.

The form will ask for your passport number along with the details of where you are travelling from, with which provider and where you’ll be staying for isolation.

You then need to travel to the place you are staying and remain there for 14 days.

If you are travelling from an exempt country but travelled to that exempt country less than 14 days ago then you need to complete the remaining days in isolation in the UK.

Those self-isolating after travelling to Spain are not entitled to sick pay for their two weeks in quarantine.

How do I travel to my isolation space?

You may use public transport if you have no other option.

If you do use a train or bus make sure your mouth and nose are covered and stay two metres back from others.

If you are travelling a long way to your isolation location then you may stop overnight in safe accommodation – you need to declare this on the passenger locator form.

If you are feeling unwell or exhibiting coronavirus symptoms when travelling to the UK you must let a member of the crew on your plane, boat, train or bus know.

They will alert airport or station staff know upon your arrival and they’ll guide you through the next steps.

  • Daily Star's lockdown sex survey: We want to know about your relationships!

What rules are in place when self-isolating?

You need to stay at home for the fill 14 days.

You can have food and necessities delivered.

No visitors are allowed unless they are providing essential care.

You cannot work, go to school or visit public areas like parks.

You cannot walk your dog while self-isolating.

The only reasons you should leave your location are: for medical assistance; if you cannot get food or medicine delivered; if you need access to services such as social services or victim support; a family member’s funeral; visiting a dying relative or participant in legal proceedings.

You may also leave your location due to an emergency.

If you are staying with people who did not travel with you they do not need to self-isolate.

However, you should stay separate from them where possible.

What happens after the 14 days?

Well, if you develop no symptoms then you can stop isolating and live as normal.

If you develop symptoms you need to continue isolating and anyone staying with you should begin self isolating for 14 days.

You should apply for a test on the NHS website.

If you test positive you will be asked to share your contacts with the test and trace service.

If you do have coronavirus then you need to continue self-isolating for severn further days from symptom onset and until you are better and your temperature is normal.

Who is exempt?

If you have travelled from the Common Travel Area, and have been in the area for 14 days or longer, then you are exempt.

You are exempt if you are travelling from a country on the travel corridors list.

People who live in the UK, but work in another country and travel between the two at least once a week do not need to self-isolate.

The same goes for if you are living outside the UK, but work here at least once a week.

You will need to show evidence of your working and living arrangements and need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form.

If you are not travelling through UK border security you do not need to self-isolate, but you will need to fill in the form.

  • Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today

If you are travelling to the UK for season agricultural work you can start working right away, but must stay on the farm you are working in for the two week period and fill in the form.

Travellers coming to the UK for pre-arranged medical treatment may travel to their healthcare provider, but otherwise must self-isolate.

Some British and non-UK officials and workers involved in key services such as postal workers, prison escorts, engineers and specialist technical workers involved in essential or emergency works, healthcare workers, nuclear emergency responders, defence personal delivering essential activities, diplomats and their families, will not need to self isolate.

There is a full list of exemptions from self-isolation on the website.

In England, if you do not self-isolate as directed, you may be fined £1,000.

If he information on your form is inaccurate or you do not update your details if you have to move, then you may be fined up to £3,200.

  • Spain
  • Travel Advice
  • Coronavirus

Source: Read Full Article