Royal Caribbean International reported that two passengers on the Adventure of the Seas tested positive for Covid during routine testing.
Both guests are under the age of 16 and unvaccinated, Royal said, and were immediately quarantined. One passenger is asymptomatic, and the other is experiencing mild symptoms, the line said.
The Adventure became Royal Caribbean’s first Western Hemisphere sailing in more than 15 months when it launched on June 12 from Nassau with more than 1,000 passengers.
The entire crew and all guests over the age of 16, 92% of people on the ship, had been vaccinated, Royal said. The remaining 8% were children under 16. Vaccines will be required for passengers 12 and older, starting Aug. 1.
Royal said that members of the positive cases immediate travel party are vaccinated and have all tested negative, as are all close contacts of the cases. The line said that the guests and their travel party had disembarked in Freeport, Bahamas, and were on their way home to Florida.
Royal’s sister brand, Celebrity Cruises, which also launched sailings this month in the Caribbean, had two positive cases on its first sailing from Barbados. No known spread of the virus occurred on the ship beyond the two guests.
Source: Read Full Article