Marriott International is growing its presence in Vietnam, partnering with Vietnamese hospitality group Vinpearl to add eight properties in the country.
Six of the eight hotels will be conversions from the Vinpearl brand and are expected to join the Marriott system later this year:
• The Vinpearl Luxury Landmark 81 in Ho Chi Minh City will become the Vinpearl Landmark 81, Autograph Collection.
• The Vinpearl Luxury Danang on Non Nuoc Beach will become the Danang Marriott Resort & Spa.
• The Vinpearl Phu Quoc Resort will become the Sheraton Long Beach Phu Quoc Resort.
• The Vinpearl Hotel Imperial, Hai Phong will become the Sheraton Hai Phong.
• The Vinpearl Hotel Can Tho will become the Sheraton Can Tho.
• The Vinpearl Hotel Lang Son will become the Four Points by Sheraton Lang Son.
Two of the joint projects will be newbuilds, both of which are expected to open in 2025: the Sheraton Vinh and Four Points by Sheraton Ha Giang, which Marriott said are in “unique locations” that will attract domestic and international travelers.
The eight properties will comprise a total of 2,200 rooms.
The partnership with Vinpearl is part of Marriott’s long-term plan to quadruple its footprint in Vietnam. Currently, Marriott has 10 hotels and resorts in the country.
Source: Read Full Article